12-04-2018, 12:00 AM
I've been reading Amy Wallace's book since seeing it mentioned here. What comes up for me first is that there is no way I can believe or disbelieve what is written there. There is no way that I can really know for sure. And that is awesome because it's puts me in a position of being open to what is there for me rather than being influenced by my agreement or disagreement.
About power as the second enemy... Having been held down and nearly completely bound by fear for so damn long, when I had a moment of respite, I immediately wanted to charge forward and set my life right. I wanted to use my new found power to take on the world. Luckily a teacher convinced me that rushing like that would be a mistake and looking back I can see that yes, there was no way I was ready. So the pitfall there was overestimating my own power.
In the book CC seems to be using the teachings to justify the most outrageous nonsense. Stuff that ultimately brings everyone down but in the moment is intoxicatingly delicious. That seems to be a trap of power... that it can be used to justify oneself and is such a pleasurable trip that you don't notice you're making a mistake until *BAM!!!* it all comes crashing down.
About power as the second enemy... Having been held down and nearly completely bound by fear for so damn long, when I had a moment of respite, I immediately wanted to charge forward and set my life right. I wanted to use my new found power to take on the world. Luckily a teacher convinced me that rushing like that would be a mistake and looking back I can see that yes, there was no way I was ready. So the pitfall there was overestimating my own power.
In the book CC seems to be using the teachings to justify the most outrageous nonsense. Stuff that ultimately brings everyone down but in the moment is intoxicatingly delicious. That seems to be a trap of power... that it can be used to justify oneself and is such a pleasurable trip that you don't notice you're making a mistake until *BAM!!!* it all comes crashing down.

