Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is Don Juan Real or did Castaneda make him up?
#18
I don't have time to respond now, but will do so after the weekend. Just a short note.. 

FG, I was not trying to be all encompassing, so what I wrote was not meant to invalidate your experience (that can't be done anyway, but I'm writing this just to make that clear). I wanted to talk about something specific. I wanted to show the direct link between not judging and how helpful it is to stop reacting. I did not look at all other possible combinations and permutations - because I thought that would not be as helpful and because I don't have the capacity to say everything at once hehe. And I'm glad you pitched in Smile. 

I like what you said here: "Being non-judgemental is no more than holding a mind open to the possibility that you may be wrong. " (but also, sometimes you just don't know.)

I will also say this for you to consider., in case it is relevant (I don't know where you are at).. I think that if you think you suspended judgment and you keep reacting from the same layers as you did before you were able to suspend judgment... then it probably links to the dream you're (trapped) in. You need to get to a different AP. In the AP of clarity if you stop judgment you don't react any more (in the same way, from the same layers and habits, and I am calling this 'acting' and not 'reacting' - a functional distinction that is helping me to distinguish it. But I am aware other might not have this kind of language distinction and so might not understand what I mean).

Yes, judgment is not something negative as such. It all depends on circumstances. Sometimes judgment is very useful and we need it to function. What I am trying to point out is that we can change the way we judge. We don't need it to always link to so many things - like our self-image.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Is Don Juan Real or did Castaneda make him up? - by watergaze - 12-07-2018, 12:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)