05-29-2012, 12:01 AM
fLightWolf wrote:"The double is a dream,"
"No one develops a double. That's only a way of talking about it. You,
for all the talking you do, are a sap for words. You get trapped by
their meanings. Now you think that one develops a double through evil
means, I suppose. All of us luminous beings have a double. All of us! A
warrior learns to be aware of it, that's all. There are seemingly
insurmountable barriers protecting that awareness. But that's expected.
Those barriers are what makes arriving at that awareness such a unique
challenge."
The double is oneself and cannot be faced in any other way."
"Obviously the double can perform acts," I said.
"Obviously!" he replied.
"But can the double act in behalf of the self?"
"It is the self, damn it!"
"Genaro is a man of knowledge. The purest of them all. His actions are
impeccable. He's beyond ordinary men; and beyond sorcerers. His double
is an expression of his joy and his humor.
As far as I know, the double is the awareness of our state as luminous
beings. It can do anything, and yet it chooses to be unobtrusive and
gentle."
"the double begins in dreaming."
I like this, thanks. Looks like I may have caught it before it disappeared though!
"No one develops a double. That's only a way of talking about it. You,
for all the talking you do, are a sap for words. You get trapped by
their meanings. Now you think that one develops a double through evil
means, I suppose. All of us luminous beings have a double. All of us! A
warrior learns to be aware of it, that's all. There are seemingly
insurmountable barriers protecting that awareness. But that's expected.
Those barriers are what makes arriving at that awareness such a unique
challenge."
The double is oneself and cannot be faced in any other way."
"Obviously the double can perform acts," I said.
"Obviously!" he replied.
"But can the double act in behalf of the self?"
"It is the self, damn it!"
"Genaro is a man of knowledge. The purest of them all. His actions are
impeccable. He's beyond ordinary men; and beyond sorcerers. His double
is an expression of his joy and his humor.
As far as I know, the double is the awareness of our state as luminous
beings. It can do anything, and yet it chooses to be unobtrusive and
gentle."
"the double begins in dreaming."
I like this, thanks. Looks like I may have caught it before it disappeared though!

