Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
“What is the way?”
#4
"An open-eyed man, falling into a well"

During one of my meditation sessions this afternoon, I had a vision of jumping into a cave shaft, massive in diameter and bottomless. It reminded me of the Cave of Swallows in Mexico. I jumped out strong toward the center and started streaking downward at break-neck speed. I had to make subtle adjustments on my way down to stay in the center of its emptiness. All along the sides of the shaft were dwellings....vibrantly colored villages built into the sheer stone walls. I knew they represented all the possibilities of high adventure of the second attention and that I would get ensnared if I drifted too close to those dwellings. Not that that's a bad thing, if one's predilection is to check out all those wonders associated with the second attention. But, in this scenario, I wanted what was down there in the unfathomable depths of darkness: the unknowable.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
“What is the way?” - by Mornings Son - 05-28-2016, 12:00 AM
“What is the way?” - by snowblind - 06-09-2016, 12:00 AM
“What is the way?” - by Mornings Son - 06-09-2016, 12:00 AM
“What is the way?” - by glance left - 01-31-2017, 12:00 AM
“What is the way?” - by rosygyro - 02-01-2017, 12:00 AM
“What is the way?” - by glance left - 02-01-2017, 12:00 AM
“What is the way?” - by Mornings Son - 02-01-2017, 12:00 AM
“What is the way?” - by guest - 08-21-2019, 12:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)