Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What is Buddhism
#1
The Thirty-one Planes of Existence

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dham ... /loka.html



Tree of Enlightment - Nikaya, Mahayana and Tantric buddhism.

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/tree- ... enment.pdf


=======================================

I am the owner of my karma .
I inherit my karma.
I am born of my karma.
I am related to my karma.
I live supported by my karma.
Whatever karma I create, whether good or evil, that I shall inherit.


The Buddha, Anguttara Nikaya V.57 - Upajjhatthana Sutta



“The Aryan Eightfold Path is the path leading to Immortality” [SN 5.8]




“Both formerly and now, I’ve never been a nihilist (vinayika), neverbeen one who teaches the annihilation of a being, rather taught only the source of suffering (that being avijja, or nescience/agnosis), and its ending (avijja).”

- Buddha



At that time, Vaccha, when a being has laid down this body,

and that being (satto) has not yet taken up another (annataram) body

(kayam) in rebirth (anupapanno); therein I declare [that beings]

fuel to be thirstfulness (tanhupadanam). At that time, Vaccha, I

declare [the beings] fuel to be thirstfulness.



SN 4.400


(edit: changed all caps in title)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What is Buddhism - by scout1 - 06-22-2012, 12:00 AM
What is Buddhism - by Gonzo - 06-22-2012, 12:00 AM
What is Buddhism - by Guest - 06-25-2012, 12:00 AM
What is Buddhism - by scout1 - 06-30-2012, 12:00 AM
What is Buddhism - by scout1 - 08-05-2012, 12:00 AM
What is Buddhism - by CI5 - 08-05-2012, 12:00 AM
What is Buddhism - by guest - 08-21-2019, 12:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)