07-19-2010, 12:04 AM
And it was the Qing dynasty that had such a hard time dealing with the Europeans who colonized here and the people in China got fed up with seeing their country go to pot. Or opium I should say. So they rebelled against the powers, the dynasties came to an end and then half a century later turned to Communism. Europe's role was pivotal in this because they caused the initial discontent and unrest against the Emperor's rule that could not stop the European dominance, and at this time Buddhism was revered by the Qing Emperors, so the overthrowing of the dynasties helped to send Buddhism out of China as well. Also the allied forces destroyed many Buddhist temples, and other places, also many treasures were taken to Europe and today China is trying to get some of them back.
Again I stress phenomena is not independent. We see by this how its all connected. Europe, America, China, Tibet, India...
Again I stress phenomena is not independent. We see by this how its all connected. Europe, America, China, Tibet, India...

