07-27-2010, 12:07 AM
ninth octave wrote:Isn't pure unconditioned awareness some THING? If there is some THING, you might as well call it "me"...Gonzo
Let's just say there is no borderline between what the inner self is experiencing and what the self is projecting to others outwardly. The thinker is absent in the moment because it detaches from any foreign elements to distract it from remaining close inside the now as it unfolds.. There is NO essence of a me/ self and there is no essence of the other self that projects outwardly to the coresponding object(s) or person(s) that would separate the moment from it's totality. ( two happeners don't exist here). This is response while sustaining unconditioned awareness . It depends upon what condition your condition is in to begin with since everything is subject to impermanence. Is nirvana subject to impermanence too?
I'm not sure how you can say there are not two happeners here, since you wrote the above and I'm writing this.
re Nirvana...I liked a quip I posted earlier...the implication is, that like awakening, there is no such thing as Nirvana. In effect, all that is, is impermanent, since the essence of being is change.
Let's just say there is no borderline between what the inner self is experiencing and what the self is projecting to others outwardly. The thinker is absent in the moment because it detaches from any foreign elements to distract it from remaining close inside the now as it unfolds.. There is NO essence of a me/ self and there is no essence of the other self that projects outwardly to the coresponding object(s) or person(s) that would separate the moment from it's totality. ( two happeners don't exist here). This is response while sustaining unconditioned awareness . It depends upon what condition your condition is in to begin with since everything is subject to impermanence. Is nirvana subject to impermanence too?
I'm not sure how you can say there are not two happeners here, since you wrote the above and I'm writing this.
re Nirvana...I liked a quip I posted earlier...the implication is, that like awakening, there is no such thing as Nirvana. In effect, all that is, is impermanent, since the essence of being is change.

