11-06-2010, 12:01 AM
King Crimson is the Nagual of rock bands
I am listening to Matte Kudasai now, beautiful~last night when i read
your reply I had Elephant Talk in my mind's ear for awhile before I came
in here.
Saw them at the Greek Theater when those albums came out. Amazing performance. Definitely my favorite band.
So, anyway, Wolf ... were we talking about Death, or what?
... as a Buddhist one has to make Death and the Fear of It, an object of meditation, contemplating the different mind-states and what not that arise as impermanent. In Thailand they make the young monks contemplate charnel grounds and cemeteries to get them through this.
Contemplating my father-in-law as he was dying and his corpse made me loose my fear of death. (or much of it) I loved him dearly. I think it was the love, not the non-attachment that served me better though in this case.
I am listening to Matte Kudasai now, beautiful~last night when i read
your reply I had Elephant Talk in my mind's ear for awhile before I came
in here.
Saw them at the Greek Theater when those albums came out. Amazing performance. Definitely my favorite band.
So, anyway, Wolf ... were we talking about Death, or what?
... as a Buddhist one has to make Death and the Fear of It, an object of meditation, contemplating the different mind-states and what not that arise as impermanent. In Thailand they make the young monks contemplate charnel grounds and cemeteries to get them through this.
Contemplating my father-in-law as he was dying and his corpse made me loose my fear of death. (or much of it) I loved him dearly. I think it was the love, not the non-attachment that served me better though in this case.

