02-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Turin Otzaki wrote:
mmmm one of the most pathetic aspects I see is people wishing for immortality. Its pathetic because its basically bofy identification. We are NOT our bodies! so cumonnnnn body death is an experience. Lets not 'hope' to avoid it, or even give it a second thought.I dunno... is it wrong to wish for immortality? I can think of worse things to hope for.
And like I said, I'm not talking about physical immortality - but instead the transference of awareness from the organic to the inorganic. To me, there is a vast difference between "immortality" (physical) and eternal beings (non-corporeal). At the present time, of course,our awareness is seemingly located in our body - there is nothing to prove otherwise, other than one's personal connection to spirit - so I think it's reasonable to consider all possibilities and not just the ones we already believe. Or, at the very least, I think it's reasonable to examine why we may believe certain things, which was the thrust of this topic.
Just for the sake of discussion, you say "we are not our bodies" (and like I said... I agree). But I'd be curious as to why you believe that. Upon what do you base that conclusion? Just curious.
mmmm one of the most pathetic aspects I see is people wishing for immortality. Its pathetic because its basically bofy identification. We are NOT our bodies! so cumonnnnn body death is an experience. Lets not 'hope' to avoid it, or even give it a second thought.I dunno... is it wrong to wish for immortality? I can think of worse things to hope for.
And like I said, I'm not talking about physical immortality - but instead the transference of awareness from the organic to the inorganic. To me, there is a vast difference between "immortality" (physical) and eternal beings (non-corporeal). At the present time, of course,our awareness is seemingly located in our body - there is nothing to prove otherwise, other than one's personal connection to spirit - so I think it's reasonable to consider all possibilities and not just the ones we already believe. Or, at the very least, I think it's reasonable to examine why we may believe certain things, which was the thrust of this topic.
Just for the sake of discussion, you say "we are not our bodies" (and like I said... I agree). But I'd be curious as to why you believe that. Upon what do you base that conclusion? Just curious.

