07-27-2011, 12:00 AM
This thread has some interesting potential. The whole idea of roleplaying is in fact quite fascinating, especially if we do it on a grand scale. Obviously i have come here at the end of a certain amount of internet theatre that has been played out before my arrival. I see a few comments from people that objected to interacting with others who were 'experimenting' on the internet. My personal view is that it is only self importance that objects to such things. Underneath that perhaps self pity. Yes i know that sounds harsh but what else can it be?
OK putting that idea aside for a moment and getting back to the main point i want to raise.
I too have toyed with the idea of presenting different personalities over the internet, just out of curiosity really. As i see it, if it is done right then we can really get to be and feel ourselves as different, and that is pure gold.
I wonder about actually setting up an experimental area here on the forum where people can experiment with new roles. Other members can interact with them if they wish, in fact by interacting with them in this way they could actually help consolidate new personalities. An actual collaborative stalking exercise. Its just an idea but it might be fun. I'd be interested to hear anyone elses thoughts on the matter.
OK putting that idea aside for a moment and getting back to the main point i want to raise.
I too have toyed with the idea of presenting different personalities over the internet, just out of curiosity really. As i see it, if it is done right then we can really get to be and feel ourselves as different, and that is pure gold.
I wonder about actually setting up an experimental area here on the forum where people can experiment with new roles. Other members can interact with them if they wish, in fact by interacting with them in this way they could actually help consolidate new personalities. An actual collaborative stalking exercise. Its just an idea but it might be fun. I'd be interested to hear anyone elses thoughts on the matter.

